Dear Altec Family,
Well, the time has come to move. Hostboard is too unstable, and we're going to lose our collective camaraderie if we don't.
Some months ago, a fellow, who shall remain nameless, tried to coerce me into moving us to Bill's GPA website, which he was in control of, and dump the responsibilities of running it on myself and AltecBest, my helper. I resisted because I sensed something afoot, and turned out to be right. To be CLEAR - it had NOTHING to do with Bill, and Bill put a stop to the nastiness once I informed him what the guy was doing, how he threatened to file lawsuits, etc.
That being said, the input many of our people here gave about why we should move WERE and ARE very valid! And, since that time, Hostboard has become increasingly unstable, and, quite frankly, virtually unusable.
Therefore, I have talked with AltecBest, and he is talking with the guy who owns Hostboard, and is trying to figure out how we can move without losing all of the years and years of posts, data, and advice that you have all contributed. This is THE MOST complete resource of ALTEC-related information online anywhere, and I am determined not to lose it!
SO - here's what I am asking for:
1. Suggestions on how where to move to?
2. Do we purchase our own forum software/program and go to our own server (the fellow who hosts my Altec website is very reasonable, loves Altec, and not expensive)?
3. Would all of us be willing to chip in some to help get whatever we do paid for?
Advice? Comments? Experiences?
Whatever you can do to help with ideas, technical expertise, etc., would be MUCH appreciated!
Now, since there is the very real possibility that this post will not be visible at all times to our members here, I suggest you contact me through Facebook or directly via email at: [email protected]
I appreciate and respect all of you, and hope that no one will be offended by my asking for help.
Keepin' it GREEN since 1960,
- Todd







Bookmarks